10-Month-Old Was Choking on Pancakes Until a Stranger Stepped in and Brought Him Back to Life

choking on pancakes

It was a terrifying moment when a 10-month-old started choking on pancakes in a restaurant. Nothing seemed to be helping until one stranger jumped in with a life-saving device that brought the child back from the brink of death!

John and Jayne Koehler and their three children were enjoying a Sunday morning breakfast at Eggs Up Grill in Irmo, South Carolina. Their precious girls were dressed in bright pink, just like Mom. And the couple’s son Gabriel was seated safely between his parents.

RELATED: Rookie Cop Showed Up In Dire Situation And Knew Just What To Do For Choking Baby

Within moments, though, Gabriel gave his parents and everyone dining at Eggs Up Grill the scare of a lifetime!

Child Begins Choking On Pancakes

Little Gabriel started choking on pancakes. Jayne and John explain that they initially weren't too worried, thinking that the food would go down with a few pats on the back. But, that wasn't the case. They gave hard back-blows and received help from a nurse and a CPR instructor.

The Heimlich maneuver was administered, but still, nothing worked. And within a few minutes of choking on the pancakes, Gabriel had turned blue and lost consciousness. Could anything be more terrifying?!

RELATED: Brave Brother Steps In And Saves His Baby Sister From Choking And Gets A Call From John Cena

Thankfully, Major Hillard was dining at Eggs Up Grill that morning as well.

Stranger Jumps In To Save Baby

Major is not a member of law enforcement or part of the medical community. He works in real estate. However, he is a dad who purchased a little tool known as the LifeVac for his own family.

When Major realized the boy was choking on pancakes and the seriousness of the situation, he immediately went to his car to grab the Lifevac he'd bought five years earlier.

Major shares that he asked Jayne to place Gabriel onto the table so that he could put the Lifevac in place. He is clearly emotional as he explains that it seemed this might be Gabriel's last hope.

The Lifevac uses suction to "pull" the obstructing food from the airway. Major pushed in several times on the device, and, after several pulls, the pancake was free. Gabriel's eyes popped open, and he was soon breathing again!

Guests at the restaurant that day offered whatever help they could as the child was choking on pancakes. Aside from those directly helping Gabriel, there were people attending to the couple's girls and others offering comfort.

It's a blessing that Major used his Lifevac for the first time on that day. It's a blessing that God used Major!

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Divine Intervention Sent Choking Man In Chick-Fil-A To A Special Angel

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14

WATCH: Stranger Jumps In To Save Infant Choking On Pancakes

LISTEN: Missing 3-Year-Old Found Alive And The Man Who Found Him Says It Was All God | God Puts 7 Off-Duty Firefighters On The Right Flight At The Right Time To Save A Man's Life

h/t: Godtube

Featured Image Credit: Youtube/Inside Edition