This past Sunday, my pastor had a pretty great sermon about being "doers." You've probably heard one like it before. The message was that, as Christians, we need to do more than just take in the word. We need to go out and do the things that Jesus taught us.
At church, there's a comfort in being surrounded by fellow Christians. But after we leave and go back out into the world for the rest of the week, the "doing" part can be a challenge. And that's why moments like the one captured in this photo from Facebook are so special.
A man was just out getting his morning coffee at Starbucks, surrounded by others doing the same. Just an ordinary day. But as it says in Matthew 18:20, where two or more are gathered in His name, there He is among them. And God was in that Starbucks that morning!
A couple saw an officer, and made the decision to be doers. They asked if they could pray for his safety, and right there, amidst the early morning bustle, the three bowed their heads together in prayer. What a beautiful moment, and proof that prayer warriors are all around us!
Here are 6 Bible verses to help you become a prayer warrior too!
- I desire therefore that the men in every place pray, lifting up holy hands without anger and doubting. 1 Timothy 2:8
- The LORD is near to all them that call on him, to all that call on him in truth. Psalms 145:18
- He also spoke a parable to them that they must always pray, and not give up. Luke 18:1
- In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6
- Confess your offenses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The insistent prayer of a righteous person is powerfully effective. James 5:16
- My desire is, first of all, that you will make requests and prayers and give praise for all men. For kings and all those in authority, so that we may have a calm and quiet life in all fear of God and serious behavior. 1 Timothy 2:1-2