The holidays are such a special time. And what better way to kick off a season of gratitude than with this Garth Brooks Thanksgiving song?
Garth Brooks teamed up with his fellow country star and wife, Trisha Yearwood, in 2016 to put out a collection of Christmas duets. The ‘Christmas Together’ album was well received and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart when it first came out.
“Ms. Yearwood and I have been threatening to make a duet record for years, and this Christmas album came together better than either one of us could have hoped,” Garth said.
But the album also featured a song of gratitude, written by Trisha Yearwood, which became an instant Thanksgiving classic in every country music lover’s heart.
The Garth Brooks Thanksgiving song, titled ‘What I'm Thankful For’, is just what the season needed. Listen to the lyrics of this beautiful song and you'll know why!
“For our children hear this prayer
Let love surround them everywhere
And may their children's children know
The one from whom all blessings flow”
And when Garth appeared on ‘The View’ to unveil the song, his emotional performance was truly touching. Garth actually grows tearful as he reflects on all he’s thankful for.
The video quickly went viral after being posted online, with more than 1.3 million views on Facebook alone in a matter of days.
Garth Brooks Thanksgiving song is one I plan on playing for years to come. And as I listen along, I can’t help but think about my own blessings! What about you?
Bible Verses For Thanksgiving
- “I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.” Psalm 9:1
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
- “Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” Psalm 107:8-9
- “I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
5 For in him you have been enriched in every way-with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge” 1 Corinthians 1:4-5
- “For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” Ephesians 1:15-16
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” Psalm 28:7
- “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Short Thanksgiving Prayer of Thanks for Food and Family
Thank You, Lord God, for this food we are about to eat. Thank You for the hands that have prepared it, for those sitting around the table who are here to share it, and for the ability to be here together under one roof, and enjoy these blessings at Your hand. We realize that everything we have comes from You and for that, we are eternally grateful. We also thank You for what we don't have this year, for we trust that You have withheld in Your goodness and out of Your protection for us. Thank You that Scripture says You are a Good Father who loves to give gifts to Your children. We sit here as evidence of Your goodness. Thank You for the gift of today and all who are here to share it with us. In the name of Your Son, Jesus, we pray. Amen.
Find more Thanksgiving prayers HERE