A photo of a teen boy saying a prayer of safety over police officer Cameron Tucker quickly went viral online. And the inspirational short story behind this powerful image is giving me so much hope for the next generation!
Cameron Tucker works as a deputy for the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. And he’s used to getting attention while wearing his uniform in public.
But a divine interruption during dinner with his family at Zaxby’s was certainly a unique and humbling experience!
Teen Says Prayer Of Safety
College student Juan O'Neal was dining at the same Zaxby’s in Florida. And the Holy Spirit started working on his heart from the moment he spotted deputy Tucker’s police car in the parking lot.
"Before he was a detective, my father was a deputy who did undercover work with a gang task force," Juan shared.
And when he spotted the police officer eating with his son and wife, Justine Tucker, Juan responded to God’s call with boldness.
"I felt the Lord was [telling me] to pray for this man," he explained. "I know how much police officers go through and prayer changes things."
So, Juan approached deputy Cameron Tucker’s table and asked if he could pray for him.
The officer agreed. And right there in the middle of the Zaxby’s restaurant, Juan said a prayer of safety and protection over him.
"I was moved by it," deputy Tucker said. "I connected with him as a parent, a man, a Christian, and a police officer."
The powerful moment had the officer’s wife, Justine Tucker, “crying her eyes out.” And thankfully, she snapped a photo of the teen and police officer praying.
“This picture is a reminder of God's constant love and perfect timing,” she wrote on Facebook. “He was on FIRE for God and you could feel His presence in the room.”
Photo Of Teen And Police Officer Praying Goes Viral
The teen’s prayer of safety for police officer Cameron Tucker immediately began touching hearts all across the Internet.
“Such an amazing young man full of God's love and his word. We need more people like this to show God's love for each and every one of us,” one woman wrote.
“Where two or more gather in my name there I will be also. Prayers for our Law Enforcement and First Responders always. We need them and they need our prayers and support,” wrote another.
“This is just a sample of what God can do through us if we are only obedient to the Holy Spirit and act when led to do so. Praise God for this young disciple if Christ,” read another response.
It’s amazing to see the fruit produced through bold faith. Juan’s simple act of obedience in offering up a prayer of safety has grown into something so much bigger!
"It was brave of Juan to approach me, in uniform and with my family," Cameron Tucker says. "From what I've heard, he's a wonderful young man."
Police officers place themselves at risk in order to serve and protect their communities. So, it only seems right we should be praying for their safety and protection.
Prayer For Police And Those Who Protect
Please be with the men and women in uniform, who bravely serve our communities and nation every single day. We ask that you cover them with your protection, that you would be their guiding force who leads the way, and their rear guard who keeps them safe from behind. We ask that you would draw them to yourself amidst the dangers they face in a dark world, for you are the Truth, you are the Way, you are the Light.
In the Powerful and Present Name of Jesus,
(Find the full version of this prayer of protection at Crosswalk)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 9 Bible Verses To Show God's Protection
9 Bible Verses For Police Officers
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalms 46:1
- “No weapon formed against you shall prosper and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me, says the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalms 34:18
- “Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.” Isaiah 40:31
- “Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall by called the children of God.” Matthew 5:9
- “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Ephesians 6:10-11
- “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:5
- “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” Proverbs 21:15
h/t: Christian Headlines
Featured Image: Facebook/Justine Tucker