Bible Verses About Apologizing – Help Heal Broken Relationships
ROMANS 12:18 DO ALL THAT YOU CAN TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH EVERYONE.
As Christians we know we are meant to be kind, loving, humble, and respectful to others. And one true test of this is how we handle situations when we believe we’ve been wronged. How we treat those who upset us and what we say to them can make all the difference in the future of that relationship. Often, our actions after a quarrel can show our true character. Here are some Bible verses about apologizing to be reminded of what it says in the scripture about how we should handle these disagreements.
Bible Verses About Apologizing
- Proverbs 29:22 An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins.
- 2 Timothy 2:16 However, avoid pointless discussions. For people will become more and more ungodly,
- Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies, arguments about genealogies, quarrels, and fights about the Law. These things are useless and worthless.
- Philippians 2:14 Do everything without complaining and arguing.
- 2 Timothy 2:14 Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
- Proverbs 26:17 Interfering in someone else's argument is as foolish as yanking a dog's ears.
- 2 Timothy 2:23-24 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
- Titus 3:1-2 Remind the believers to submit to the government and its officers. They should be obedient, always ready to do what is good. They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.
RELATED: 7 Things You Need To Know Before You Apologize
- Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
- 1 Timothy 3:2-3 Therefore, an elder must be blameless, the husband of one wife, stable, sensible, respectable, hospitable to strangers, and teachable. He must not drink excessively or be a violent person, but instead be gentle.He must not be argumentative or love money.
- 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
- Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.
- Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
- Romans 14:19 So then, let us pursue what makes for peace and for building up one another.
- Proverbs 19:11 A person with good sense is patient, and it is to his credit that he overlooks an offense.
- Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- Proverbs 26:4-5 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes.
More Quotes About Apologizing
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 19 Encouraging Bible Verses About Forgiveness