Boy with Cerebral Palsy Crawls His Way to His Sleeping Parents to Save Them Just in Time

boy with cerebral palsy

A 7-year-old boy with cerebral palsy saved his entire family thanks to his quick thinking when he heard the carbon monoxide detector go off in his family's home.

Michael Martinez from Atascocita, Texas has been living with cerebral palsy since he was born, and he has to use a wheelchair to get around. But that did not stop him from saving the day when he knew something was wrong.

RELATED: Beloved Cleaning Lady Loses Her Job After 20 Years So Her Customers Decide To Help

When Michael started to hear a beeping noise in the house, his instinct was to tell his parents. So, he ended up crawling all the way to his parents' bedroom in the middle of the night to alert them.

“I was shaking because I was scared,” Michael shared.

But this brave action that Michael did saved his entire family! Seven of his family members were sleeping inside the house when the carbon monoxide detector started going off. And once everyone was awake, they found out that the carbon monoxide was coming from their stove.

Boy With Cerebral Palsy Crawls To Save Parents From Carbon Monoxide

“He’s our little hero,” said Angie Martinez, Michael's mother. “He saved our family.”

Since carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas, it is almost impossible to detect. That is why it is so important to have working carbon monoxide detectors in your house to know when this deadly gas is present.

When someone experiences carbon monoxide poisoning, they will often have headaches, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. And if you breathe in too much of the gas, you can die.

Angie and her sister did have some of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning when they woke up, but no one else was harmed. All thanks to Michael's efforts to alert his family!

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Blind Boy With Autism Sings ‘Good Good Father' And It Makes For Some Powerful Worship

Thank goodness for this 7-year-old's brave actions and that his entire family was saved because of them!

WATCH: Boy With Cerebral Palsy Crawls To Parents’ Room To Warn Them Of Carbon Monoxide Leak

LISTEN: Parents Of 4 Step In For Boy After Hearing His Heartbreaking Shaken Baby Syndrome & Story Story Behind the Secret Inscription Only 3 People Know on Wedding Ring of Queen Elizabeth

h/t: People

Featured Image Credit: YouTube