From time to time we all need a little inspiration. As Christians, one of the best places to look for encouraging words is the Bible. Those 66 books provide us with so much truth that we can draw from. Even though these scriptures were written years and years ago, the stories they tell continue to draw us closer to God when we need Him most.
Today, we've gathered up some of our favorite inspirational Bible verses to encourage you in your walk with the Lord. Our hope is that these verses help you to fix your eyes on Jesus, in spite of the challenges you may currently be facing.
His Plans Are Good
No matter what you are going through, just remember that God's plans for your life are good. He is orchestrating something absolutely beautiful out of your hardships. Continuing to seek the Lord can sometimes be difficult but the more you seek to know Him the closer you feel to His presence.
1."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." – Jeremiah 29:11
2. "One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." – Psalm 27:4
You’re Protected By Him
When you feel down, remember that the Lord is there waiting to protect you and comfort you. He is your eternal refuge from the storms life brings. During these storms, the Lord always has a way of bringing wise and encouraging friends into your life at the exact moment when you need them most.
3. "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."– Psalm 34:8
4. "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity." – Proverbs 17:17
His Strength Carries You
Maybe you're feeling mentally or physically weak right now. You're having trouble keeping up with the demands of life and things are starting to get overwhelming. Hold tight to the fact that God gives strength to the weak. The Bible promises that the Lord renews our hope in Him when we feel depleted. Remember whenever you're feeling weak that Jesus is your hope and his love will carry you through anything.
5. "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." – Isaiah 40:28-31
6. "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." – John 15:13
You Can Walk In Freedom
Being Christians means we have a freedom that no one can take away from us. Having the God of the universe on our side is such an amazing gift. Knowing that He is working all things together for our good provides us with such an amazing sense of peace. Remembering that God is always with you and for you, each day, will help you shut down fear and walk in faith.
7. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." – Romans 8:28
8. "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" – Romans 8:31
You’re Not Defined By Your Mistakes
It doesn't matter what mistakes you've made in the past, God still loves you. Nothing you will ever do will make Him love you any less. You are never too far gone to put your hope in the Lord. He is always there waiting with open arms to embrace you. All you have to do is make a decision take one step forward towards Jesus. And it just might change your life.
9. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." – Romans 15:13
10. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."– Romans 8:38-39
Every Day Is A Fresh Start
The sun always sets in the evening and it always rises at dawn. In the same way, the Lord's mercies are always new each morning. He continues to give us a fresh start when we wake up every morning. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday, the Lord is still faithful to protect and comfort us. And what a beautiful truth that is.
11."For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." – 1 Corinthians 13:12
12."Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." – Lamentations 3:22-23
His Presence Is Eternal
As we age, daily tasks seem to get harder. What was once a breeze to accomplish now seems like an impossible task. The Lord reminds us that even though we are wasting away on the outside, we are still being renewed on the inside. He reminds us to fix our eyes on what is unseen and not worry too much about our physical bodies because they are only temporary. This is such a great reminder that our faith in God should be our main focus in life, not the temporary things of this world.
13. "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
– 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
14. "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." – 1 Corinthians 16:13
His Love Is Limitless
God's love for us has no bounds or limits. He adores us with an unconditional amount of love. The closest thing we have on earth to this love is the love a parent has for a child. Nothing can ever separate us from the Lord's love for us. His love enables us to freely live in faith. Choosing faith over fear allows us to fully feel God's beautiful unending love.
15. "But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."– Philippians 3:7-9
16. "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."– Ephesians 3:17-21
One Day We’ll Be Face To Face
Isn't it amazing to think about when we will meet Jesus? Sometimes it's difficult to wrap our minds around it. But, it is incredible to think about the day when fear will be no more and all we will feel is love and peace. We will be able to talk to our beloved creator and worship him for all eternity. No matter how difficult life here on earth gets, we have continued hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. Who we will one day see face to face.
17. "and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him."– 1 John 3:22
18. "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure." – 1 John 3:1-3
You Have A Purpose
Each of us was chosen on purpose for a purpose. God orchestrated our lives before we were even born. He designed every part of us from our hair color to how tall we would be. He chose us to be His children. Isn't that amazing to think about? No matter the challenges we are faced with, we can always find peace in the truth that we were made for more.
19. "Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." – Hebrews 10:19-23
20. "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul." – 1 Peter 2:9-11
Hard Seasons Build Endurance
When we are going through difficult situations, often times, it's hard to see the silver lining. It's important to remember that hard seasons build endurance. The trials you face mold you into a stronger and better version of you. Sometimes God uses tough times to encourage you to put your full faith and trust in Him. Beautiful things often result from immense amounts of struggle and pain. Hang in there, friend. God's got this.
21."Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." – James 1:2-4
22. "For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed-a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." – Romans 1:17
He Is There In The Valley
The Lord your God walks with you through the valleys. He holds you tight and comforts you when you're afraid. He rejoices with you on the mountaintops. God will never leave you. Even if everyone around you abandons you, the Lord never will. The moment you start to feel afraid and lonely, be encouraged to call on the Lord for help. He is always there waiting with open arms for you to come running.
23. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." – Deuteronomy 31:6
24. "The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing." – Psalm 23:1
You Are Appreciated
God sees how hard you work. He notices how dedicated to Him you are. He appreciates how selfless and caring you are towards everyone. Giving yourself to the work of the Lord is not an easy task but it makes God so happy to see his children serving him. Even if no one ever recognizes any of your efforts and accomplishments, you can rest in the fact that God sees everything you do for Him. He sees how deeply you love and give, and that's all really even matters.
25. "Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go."– Joshua 1:7
26. "Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." – 1 Corinthians 15:58
Life Is A Journey
Each of our lives has a divine purpose. God has planned out a unique race for each one of us to run. A course with hills, valleys, bumps, and obstacles. The road is long and sometimes difficult, but that's where Jesus comes in. The Lord encourages us to fix our eyes on Him as we journey through our lives. It's important to remember there is nothing we can't do with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by our side.
27. "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." -Hebrews 12:1-2
We all go through rough seasons from time to time but it's important to remember that God is always there to comfort us. Our hope is that these inspirational Bible verses helped encourage you in whatever you are facing.