Alon Abare is a mother of 4 who is pretty handy. So when her car was making an odd noise, she figured she would check it out. She was in her driveway as she opened the hood and leaned in.
In the blink of an eye, Alon’s long hair was sucked into the engine getting wrapped around the fan belt of her running motor. Alon screamed for help and two of her quick-thinking kids rushed to her side.
Her son Sam quickly turned the car off as her daughter Logan cut her hair free. Alon was tragically scalped during the accident and is still undergoing extensive treatment for her injury. She wears a wig to hide her scars and to help her feel normal.
But she is taking that wig off to show her scars and warn others of the dangers they may not have thought of. Auto safety expert Lauren Fix’s demonstration of what happened to Alon truly shocked me!
But thankfully Lauren has some tips for how to keep yourself safe when checking out problems with your vehicle. We all need to heed this warning, and thank Alon for bravely sharing her story!
Source: Inside Edition