Loss is never easy. And losing a child is even tougher. And this dad wanted the truth to be known about his daughter’s death. Yes, it was an accident and yes, it could have been prevented but only by his daughter. She died of an accidental drug overdose. But regardless, their loss is real and it runs deep. This is Molly’s story.
Molly’s dad, Tom Parks, has tackled this head-on and wants others to hear their story.
"I wanted people to know that people are dying of addiction and overdoses," he said. "People have to know, we are losing a whole generation."
Molly died on April 16, 2015 at the young age of 24 from an accidental overdose of heroin. Per Tom, Molly has struggled with her addiction for as many as 5 years.
“People usually don't say that their loved one died of a drug overdose because they are embarrassed,” Tom said. So, in order to shed light on this terrible disease (addiction) Tom wrote the most honest, transparent obituary you will ever read.
Tom continues, “Molly enjoyed theater, fashion, reading (especially Harry Potter) and will always be remembered for her fearless personality and her trademark red lipstick.”
But, throughout her life, “Molly made a lot of bad decisions including experimenting with drugs.”
Tom posted this message on Facebook – expressing his love for his daughter and how difficult her battle has been – for all of them.
Molly’s family (pictured above with sister, Kasey) are still mourning their loss, but are bravely speaking out about their situation in hopes of helping others.
May God be with this family as they mourn their loss. And may they seek God with their heart, mind and spirit. With God, all things are possible – God is the only one who can heal their aching hearts. Amen.
For another inspirational story, CLICK HERE!