Woman Used Popular Cooking Hack to Hard Boil Eggs In Microwave & Warns Others Of Its Danger

microwave egg exploded warning bethany rosser

After an online search led Bethany Rosser to tips for making microwave eggs, she decided to give it a try. But the hard-boiled eggs exploded in her face, causing severe injury. Now, Bethany is sharing her overcomer story to warn others of this dangerous cooking hack!

WARNING: Some of the images and content in this story may be too disturbing for certain audiences

These days, the internet is the place to find all kinds of hacks intended to make life easier. And with so many people eating breakfast on the go, using the microwave to cook eggs has become a popular kitchen hack.

RELATED: Two-Year-Old Survives Terrible Pressure Cooker Explosion

But 22-year-old Bethany Rosser of the UK is warning everyone that it comes with a serious risk.

How To Cook Eggs In The Microwave

From a microwave omelette to microwave eggs in a cup, and even how to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave, the internet is chocked full of ideas. So, when Bethany searched for a way to hard boil eggs, she had no trouble finding plenty of suggestions online.

“There are endless websites and YouTube videos which say you can,” she says.

Supposedly, the key to making it safe is adding salt.

“It said that you could microwave the eggs as long as you add salt to the eggs in the water, to prevent them from bursting,” Bethany explained.

Bethany followed all of the online instructions from a popular cooking website. She even let the microwave eggs sit for six minutes after cooking, as recommended, before taking them out.

Even so, Bethany Rosser found out the hard way this hack isn’t so safe after all.

Exploding Eggs Leaves Woman Blind In One Eye

When Bethany looked to see if the eggs were done, they exploded.

“It only happened as I took them out. The eggs were fine in the microwave,” she explains.

The explosion shot the hot eggs all over the side of her face. Bethany called the emergency line and splashed cold water on her skin as she waited for help to arrive.

“It felt horrible, I was in total agony,” she recalled. “I could feel my skin burning for hours afterward – even while it was being treated in hospital. It felt like my skin was being ripped off, it was so scary.”

microwave egg exploded warning bethany rosser

Credit: SWNS

The hospital treated Bethany’s burns and doctors say she shouldn’t have any facial scars. However, they warn that the burned skin will likely remain discolored long-term.

Bethany currently can’t see out of the eye that took the brunt of the exploding microwave eggs.

RELATED: Some Owners Warn That NutriBullets Are Exploding, Causing Awful Injuries

Doctors aren’t sure if the damage to her sight is permanent. So, Bethany needs all of our prayers that the eye will fully recover.

“My eye has started to open and I can see, but it’s very blurry,” she says.

Woman Warns Others To Never Try Microwaving Eggs

The whole ordeal has been extremely traumatic for Bethany Rosser.

“I've never been so scared in my life – I was shaking and crying,” she says. “The accident was, without doubt, the worst day of my life to date.”

After returning home from the hospital, Bethany was troubled to learn her experience with microwave eggs wasn’t at all unique.

Friends of the family reached out to tell her they’d had their eggs explode, too. Fortunately for them, the explosion happened while the eggs were still in the microwave.

What upsets Bethany the most is how the website she visited acknowledged the danger of exploding eggs. However, the instructions insisted that the addition of salt would ensure the eggs couldn’t blow up.

And that’s Bethany Rosser is so eager to share her story. Regardless of what the hacks say online, Bethany is warning everyone that cooking eggs in the microwave is not safe.

“I will never boil eggs in the microwave again, and I hope nobody else will either,” she says.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Doctors Warn Others When Woman Dies After Incorrectly Using Neti Pot

Thank God this woman is bravely sharing her so others can be spared the same tragedy. We certainly pray the Lord will bless Bethany Rosser with a complete recovery from this terrible event.

Be sure to share this story with others so they know to never, ever microwave eggs!

h/t: The Sun

Featured Image: SWNS