Reusable Water Balloons Landed Her Daughter in the ER, So Mom Is Warning Others

reusable water balloons with magnets

When reusable water balloons with magnets were later revealed at the hospital as the cause of her 8-year-old daughter’s screams of pain, Kelley Whitty was shocked. So now, she’s making sure to warn other parents of this lurking danger!

Parents hope for and desire nothing more than for their children to enjoy a safe, happy and carefree childhood. Whenever that is not the case, whether it be due to a disease, an illness or some other reason, parents can be left feeling distraught and hopeless. Unfortunately, one mother in Ohio experienced that feeling of helplessness, and she's now warning other parents.

RELATED: Mom Lost Her Child After The Toddler Swallowed A Button Battery So Now She's Warning Others

In a clip posted on YouTube, Kelley Whitty recalls the traumatizing and scary situation that resulted in her 8-year-old daughter, Leah, having to be sedated at the hospital. Medical professionals then worked to remove six magnets from the child's nose.

Girl’s Unexplained Agony Baffles All

Kelley states that the situation began innocently enough after Leah had finished enjoying time in the pool at a friend's house.

"I got a call from the friend's mom, and she was like, ‘Hey, we were all in the pool.' Leah got out, grabbed a towel, wiped her face and just started screaming,'" Kelley said.

RELATED: Mom Alerts Parents To Sensory Water Beads Warning After Her Precious Baby Girl Nearly Died

No one was sure what was happening with the child. Leah mentioned she was experiencing "burning and stinging in her nose." Unsure of what was happening, Kelley took her daughter to the hospital for help.

At first, those medical professionals were baffled as well. But as they continued working, they discovered reusable water balloons with magnets were to blame.

Reusable Water Balloons With Magnets Pose Serious Risk

Doctors spotted something shiny in the youngster's nose. The child had six magnets in her nostrils – four on one side and two on the other. The magnets had "bonded in each side of her nose," Kelley said.

"Nobody ever wants to see their children hurt or in pain," Kelley said. "And then the fact that I had to kind of sit back in the corner of the room and watch these doctors and nurses lay on top of her and try to remove these. I kind of had to comfort her from a distance. That was really hard."

A doctor in the clip stated that if someone were to swallow multiple magnets, they could potentially try and bond and may damage tissues or intestines. Thank God this mom is getting out the word on just how dangerous reusable water balloons with magnets can be!

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: What Doctors Mistook For The Flu Was Actually Swallowed Magnets

Proverbs 22:6 "If a child is trained up in the right way, even when he is old, he will not be turned away from it."

WATCH: Reusable Water Balloons With Magnets Send Child To ER

LISTEN: Baby Fights Rare Form of Brain Cancer | Strangers Create Wheelchair That Lets Disabled Boy Play in Ocean

h/t: Godtube

Featured Image Credit: YouTube