Hollywood actor and Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt is pro-Jesus. In fact, he has gained a reputation as a Christian actor who openly talks about his faith. And that’s just fine with Chris!
Chris has a special “habit” we just love. He’s made it “his thing” to use his celebrity status as a platform to encourage others to love God.
“I want to thank God — I always do that when I’m up on a big platform in front of a bunch of young faces,” he told viewers at 2018 Kid’s Choice Awards. Chris went on to explain, “I say ‘I love God.’ That’s my thing. I love Him and you should too,”
Indeed, Chris often uses his time in the limelight to talk about his faith — from award shows to interviews and so on. It’s something he feels “called” to do.
Some might think the pressure in Hollywood would keep Christians like Chris Pratt quiet. But that’s not the case. Chris says he personally has never felt slighted or shamed for his faith.
"I think that there’s this narrative that exists out there that Hollywood is anti-Christian or anti-religious, but it’s just not the case. They are kind of not anti-anything," the actor tells The Associated Press.
Chris Pratt Isn’t Afraid To Share His Faith
Chris Pratt is pro-Jesus. And for this actor, Hollywood is a public platform where he can share his personal message of faith and the power of prayer. He feels called to be a voice.
And no matter what is said about him, he will continue speaking to whoever will listen.
"For me, it's authentic to be pro-Christian, pro-Jesus — that’s my thing. . . I’m not going to change," the actor said.
Chris Pratt has been vocal about his faith many times, including the 2018 MTV Movie Awards Show.
"God is real. God loves, you, God wants the best for you," he said. "Believe that. I do."
Chris Pratt isn't mincing words when it comes to sharing his faith. And we love it!
WATCH: Chris Pratt Is Pro-Jesus And Proud
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Chris Pratt Tells Teens He Loves God During Awards Speech
Christian Celebrity Stories
This article is just one of many articles featured on GodUpdates about Christian celebrities and their faith. Here is a small sampling of other inspiring testimonies and stories we thought you may like!
- 4 Celebrity Testimonies You Can't Miss
- 7 Touching Testimonies by Christian Celebrities
- 18 Real Inspirational Stories of Faith and Hope Will Encourage You
- Did You Know These 10 Hollywood Celebrities Are Christians?
- Comedian Stephen Colbert Told Hollywood He Wouldn't Defile Jesus
- 7 Reasons To Love Bear Grylls. This TV Adventurer's Faith Will Move You!
- Hollywood Actor Chris Pratt Shares About Being ‘Pro Jesus" In A Recent Interview
- Movie Blockbuster Star Shares Testimony Of Choosing God Over Career
- How Actress Jennifer Garner Was Inspired To Start Taking Her Kids To Church Every Sunday
- TV News Anchor Ainsley Earhardt Shares Testimony Of Putting God First
- Dolly Parton Reveals How Faith Saved Her from Suicidal Depression
- Country Superstar Luke Bryan Opens up About the Death of His Brother
- Christian News Anchor Refuses To Work On Sundays
- This Heart Throb Was A Reality Star. But The Star In His Life Is JESUS
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Hollywood's Lovable Goofball, Jim Nabors
- 5 Lessons Jimmy Fallon Can Teach About Worship
- Rocker Ozzy Osbourne Visits Ark Encounter And Has Shocking Reaction
- Josh Groban Walked Out Of A TV Interview To Stay True To His Faith
- Rock Legend Gene Simmons Is Standing Up For Christians
- Former Disney Child Star Loses Mom, Hits Rock Bottom, Then Finds Jesus
- Simon Asks Fellow Celebrity To Help Father Of 6 On AGT