There are many inspirational stories about angels here on earth, and they never fail to lift my spirits! Whether the story is from the Bible itself, told by eyewitnesses on the evening news, or legendary tales passed down by word of mouth from generation to generation, we’ve all heard stories about angels that remind us that God’s love for us and protection over us is very real!
Angels in the Bible
“Angels” are mentioned almost three hundred times in Scripture.
Since they exist what should we understand about angels and how, if at all, do they affect our lives in this world from the spirit realm? You might find it unbelievable, but at the moment you accepted Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins God assigned angels to minister to you.
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? (Hebrews 1:14)
YOU MAY LIKE: 17 Things The Bible Tells Us About Angels
And we don't have just one. There is a collection of them looking out for each believer personally, not just children. The passage of scripture stating it the clearest is from the teaching of Jesus – "See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven..." (Matthew 18:10)
So why, you might ask, does God use angels? Christian writer Debbie McDaniel offers these 5 reasons.
5 Reasons God Might Send an Angel
1. To give a message from God – There are many examples in the Bible of when God sends an angel to give a specific message to an individual or people. In Genesis 18, God sent three men, messengers, to Abraham and Sarah to tell them that she would bear a son. He sent an angel to Sarah's servant Hagar in the desert, as she fled in Genesis 16, to give hope that she was not forgotten.
2. To protect us – Many times God sends angels to protect, guard, and fight for us. God tells us in Psalm 91 that He would give angels charge concerning us to guard us in all our ways.
God sent an angel to Daniel in the lion's den. Daniel 6:22 says that he shut the mouth of the lions so that no harm came to him who was found blameless before God.
3. To serve believers – God sends angels to minister to those who hurt or need strength.
After Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness and stood strong against the temptations of the devil, Matthew 4:11 says, "Then the devil left him, and behold, angels, came and were ministering to him."
YOU MAY LIKE: Do We Have Guardian Angels?
4. To execute God's judgment – Angels can be used by God to punish sin and to bring his judgment.
In Revelation, we see specific times that God will give angels the charge to execute his judgment. Revelation 12:7-9 tells us, "Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world-he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."
5. To give praise and worship to God – Angels are mighty beings of praise and worship unto God.
Revelation 4:8 says, "Day and night they never stop saying, ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.'"
News Stories About Angels
You may remember the story in the news a while back of a mysterious voice that led two officers through the woods on a dark night to find and rescue a baby girl. The infant and her mom were involved in a terrible car accident and the first responders followed a voice they both heard. The voice led them straight to the scene of the crash where they found both the mom and the baby girl. But the rescuers quickly and tragically realized that the mother couldn’t have possibly have been calling out to them. The baby’s miraculous discovery completely convinced the two men that they heard the voice of an angel, and that knowledge saved one officer’s eternal soul! If you haven’t read this account of the angelic voice as told by the officers, click here and be amazed!
And this is just one account of many, many, many real-life stories of angels among us!
This article is part of a series of articles about angels on earth. Here are links to 29 more stories about angels so you can read some of these accounts for yourself and be blessed.
29 Stories about Angels
- If You Think Angels Don't Exist, Think Again! You Will Melt When You Hear What This Grandmother Said.
- Woman Credits Guardian Angel For Her Safety After Huge Tree Crushes Her Car
- This Man Had Lost All Hope ‘Til God Sent An Unlikely Angel
- What This Man Has Seen Is A Nightmare Then Encounters Dream Angel
- This Homeless Man Was About To Sleep In A Walmart Parking Lot, AGAIN. Until God Sent 2 Angels To His Car–WOW!
- God Sends Angel After Husband Crashes While Rushing Pregnant Wife To Hospital
- She Was About To Take Her Own Life, But God Sent These 2 Angels To Stop Her.
- God Sent a Mysterious Angel to Pray with Victim of Terrible Car Crash
- This Angel Dog Had One Last Message For His Owner. And It Gave Me CHILLS!
- An Unlikely Angel Reunites A Grieving Mom With Her Lost Locket
- The Angel At The End Of The Rainbow Was A Sign From God
- Note From A Stranger Reveals This Cat's Secret Life As A Fur Angel
- An Answered Prayer And Special Angel Saves Mom And Baby
- Angels At A Gas Station Help A Struggling Man And His Family
- Intruders Threaten Young Woman With A Machete Until A Special Angel Appears